what you fail to realize is that video games shouldn’t cater to females in the first place. It’s largely known that it’s targeted towards the MALE demographic and has been for so many years, so why would they ask for something like that to be handed to them on a goddamn silver platter?
that’s like a guy walking into the women’s department of clothing at a sears and demanding that there be more clothing for men there. Separation of sections be damned.
that’s not how it fucking works
no not really
the game industry is more like walking into a regular department store and seeing that all the clothes are only men’s clothes
and when you ask the cashier where the women’s clothing section is, they wheel out a small rack of cheaply made tutus, g-strings, and high heels all in bright pink
and then when you go “wow really that’s it” you get called an uppity bitch and everybody assumes you want all the focus on you when in reality you’d just like to be considered a worthwhile demographic since you also like to wear clothes, it’s not like you want some ridiculous getup, you just want a solid shirt and pair of pants that fits you alright.
I mean hell you even sort of like men’s clothes and you have no problem wearing them. They suit you well. But it’s very obvious once you throw on a pair of men’s pants that they were not made for you.
Perfect metaphor is perfect.
“what you fail to realize is that video games shouldn’t cater to females in the first place”
what the everloving fuck
To the original comment, what in the actual fuck. As a FEMALE PROGRAMMER IN THE VIDEOGAME INDUSTRY, WHO ALSO TENDS TO PLAY VIDEOGAMES HARDCORE, this is smoking hot bullshit right here. Why shouldn’t videogames cater to females? Is it because you think we’re too fucking dainty and delicate to be shooting zombies in the head or questing obsessively for gear in an MMO? UGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
- Three of my prints, (Breather, Saria and Demure. The first two are 8x10”, and the third one is 4x5”)
- Three necklaces (Skyward heartpiece by the pixelsmithy, Tael by HylianCrafts and the Assassin’s symbol pendant from Ubiworkshop).
- One Zora Sapphire keychain (by HylianCrafts)
There will be three winners:
- 1st place: A print and anecklace of their choice
- 2nd place: A print and a necklace of their choice, excluding the ones that 1st place chooses
- 3rd place: The print and necklace that are left, and the Zora’s Sapphire keychain
To enter the draw, you must be following me.
- Reblog only once (no giveaway blogs, please)
- Likes don’t count, but are appreciated
- Can be shipped internationally
- You have to be able to give me your address if you’re chosen (ask your parents if you’re under 18)
- Keep your askbox open so I can contact you!
- The winner has 24 hours to respond or a new winner will be decided.
Giveaway ends on May 4th at 12pm PST. The winners (who will be decided with a random number generator) will be announced on the next day at the same time.
And that’s it! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
This is Satoru Iwata. Now, most know him as the president of Nintendo, but guess what? He didn’t start out as a pencil-pusher, noooooo. This guy is a programming badass. Some of his feats include:
1. Programming Earthbound from scratch. This was a game where the original coding was a mess. But Iwata don’t care. Iwata don’t give a shit. He just completely did over the game and managed to make it work.
2. He ported the battle code of Pokemon Stadium to the Nintendo 64, WITHOUT ANY REFERENCE DOCUMENTS.
3. You know Gold and Silver? The most popular Pokemon games ever? Since Gamefreak was still kind of noobish, they managed to fill the cartridge with just Johto. What does Iwata do? He compressed it enough for them to fit Kanto in. That’s right - this mofo compressed an entire game down when the developers couldn’t figure out how to make it work. Iwata don’t care! Iwata doesn’t give a shit!
So, yeah. Between Sakurai, Miyamoto, Masuda, Tajiri, and Iwata, Nintendo is pretty much run by programming badasses.
Reblogging appreciation of my own kind, the programmers <3
i finally got my book printed and since only two copies of it exist i thought that i should show yall this wonderful piece of art
Annej being the queen of color as usual <3
Adventure Time!!!! If there’s enough demand, will print into stickers or bookmarks or something.
Might do a genderbent version too!!
If anybody’s following here, I’d strongly suggest you follow my secondary blog, Starforsaken101, because it’s more colorful and stuff.
Time to give away some RP and clay charms! Winners will be selected on March 15th (This is when my Spring Break starts so I’ll have lots of time to make these clay figures) Good luck everyone! ^~^
Hi guys, this blog is my primary blog that I do not use. Can you please follow: http://starforsaken101.tumblr.com? Thank you so much
Okay so this is pretty quick. I don’t actually update this dangerash blog at all. My active blog is http://starforsaken101.tumblr.com
Please follow that one ^__^ sorry for the confusion